Hypnotherapy & Stress Management
Lindsay Rogers is a Clinical Hypnotherapist & an accredited member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy. She also has a diploma in Stress Management & is a member of the International Stress Management Association. She set up her holistic business Mindbalance in 2009.
Lindsay’s approach is to use a personalised combination of different interventions and therapies including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) within hypnosis to best suit the needs of each individual client. Relaxation methods and Stress Management techniques can also be included where appropriate.
Lindsay uses this combined approach to help her clients make the necessary positive changes required to achieve their goal. She does this by encouraging them to have a more positive helpful mindset together with positive behaviours which promotes better responses & outcomes.
Lindsay says ‘’ Since qualifying in 2009 I have thoroughly enjoyed helping people to feel better emotionally in order to improve their quality of life and opportunities. My personal aim is always to give my clients self-belief and the necessary skills to feel calmer and more confident enabling them to achieve their true potential, so they feel more content and fulfilled’.
Lindsay uses hypnotherapy with her clients for;
- Stress reduction & relaxation
- Setting & reaching positive goals
- Building confidence
- Boosting self esteem
- Improving communication skills
- Overcoming anxiety
- Eliminating Fears and phobias
- Controlling Panic Attacks
- Improving low mood
- Improving sleep patterns
- Weight loss & healthy lifestyle
- Stopping unwanted habits (e.g. smoking, nail biting).
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Lindsay can help you to identify what is causing your stress & how it is personally impacting on you. She then works with you to help you to reduce your stress levels & promote emotional wellbeing. Lindsay does this by using a combination of different techniques depending on your needs.
Examples of some of the stress management techniques that Lindsay offers;
- Teaching you relaxation methods
- Time Management skills to improve productivity and free up your time.
- Help you to find a better work/ life balance
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle by reducing any perceived coping methods which are detrimental
- Teaching effective communication skills to improve relationships
- Training in assertive skills
- Problem solving, planning & SMART goal setting
- Building resilience to enable you to cope better with challenging situations
- Addressing negative beliefs to promote a better more positive outlook
- Practical interventions for stress syndromes* that may be present (e.g. Anxiety, Depression & Hostility)
*When these are present, depending on their severity medical help through your GP may be advised &/or therapeutic interventions may be required.
- Bachelor Dental Surgery BDS (University Newcastle Upon Tyne) I have retired from dentistry.
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (National Council for Hypnotherapy)
- Diploma in Clinical and Advanced Hypnosis (UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts and Sciences)
- Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (Course accredited by the National Register of Advanced Hypnotherapists)
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts and Science)
- Certificate in Stress Management (The Academy of Clinical & Medical Hypnosis Ltd)
- Diploma in Stress Management (The Academy of Clinical & Medical Hypnosis Ltd)
- Certificate Code of Practice (Accredited by International Stress Management Association)
- Advanced Hypnotherapist (Awarded by the Academy of Clinical & Medical Hypnosis Ltd
- National Council for Hypnotherapists(NCH)
- Complementary Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- The International Stress Management Association(ISMA)
I first contacted Lindsay in late 2012 after being recommended CBT by my Doctor as an alternative to medication. I had been suffering from stress and anxiety for most of the year and I wanted to find ways of coping better then and in the future. Through a mixture of hypnotherapy and CBT, Lindsay taught me how to achieve this. Together with a CD to listen to at home, it took just three sessions and the difference was remarkable. I found Lindsay very professional and extremely easy to talk to. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her services to any prospective new clients. LP, Bath
Working with Lindsay has helped me to regain a sense of balance and priority in my life. With her help I have tackled a number of negative issues which were preventing me from fully enjoying my life. Over time I have come to accept myself for who I am, enjoy my family more and improve my work/life balance. I feel stronger, happier and healthier. Lindsay has given me the tools to change my life for the better, forever.
Client, Bradford on Avon
I would highly recommend Lindsay, as she helped me through a period of major depression. She was unfailingly kind, professional and knowledgeable. With her patience and hard work, I was able to return to work and have continued to use some of the skills which she taught me. Lindsay helped me to regain my life and see the good points within myself and for that I cannot thank her enough. NM, Wiltshire
For more information or to make an appointment please contact Lindsay;