What is Sports Therapy?
- It’s an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and your rehabilitation back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability
- It helps people fix themselves, as far as possible, with caring and targeted treatment plans
What is Sports Massage?
- It reaches the deeper layers of muscles
- It is used to break down knots and relieve pressure points throughout your body
- This type of massage is beneficial for athletes and those who sit for long periods of time or have poor posture, stress or injury
- I’ll help you feel at ease
- We’ll create a case history to learn about your problem
- I’ll make a detailed assessment of your current posture and existing range of movement
- We’ll create a tailored recovery programme which may include using suitable massage techniques, taping and exercises routines for you to continue at home
Sports massage / sports therapy can help you back to fitness from injuries and especially successful in the treatment of:
- Postural issues
- Sporting injuries
- Ligament sprains
- Tension headaches
- Muscle pains and strains
- Tennis and golfers elbow
- Scoliosis, kyphosis, flat back
- Back, neck, knee, leg, ankle, foot pain
- Pre and post event massages
- Rehabilitation plans and other treatments
Many people are now seeing the power and benefits of sports massage and sports therapy and chiropractic alongside stretching exercises (like yoga) and how when combined they aid skeletal and postural correction.
By giving patients a tailored holistic therapy combination, their recovery needs are met which then enables a safe return to sports activities and everyday life, injury free.
When the body is not working at its full potential, it is important to discover how we compensate, incorrectly in some cases, and how massage and other complementary therapies can aid a patient’s speedy recovery. Thus enabling patient’s to do the sports they love once more.